- The Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient Wisdom - Jonathan Haidt. This book explores modern research on happiness and wellbeing and draws comparisons to practices such as prayer and meditation to aid in increasing quality of life.
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment - Eckhart Tolle. This authors works are popular all over the world for introducing people to the power of presence to increase happiness and a sense of peace.
- When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times - Pema Chodron. A Buddhist monk's perspective on suffering and how to manage through difficulties.
- The Science of Yoga: The Risks and the Rewards - William J. Broad. Scientific evidence of the benefits of yoga on physical and emotional wellbeing as well as information to prevent injury.
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life - Charles Duhigg. This book identifies how habits are formed and how to change undesirable ones.
- Positivity: Top-Notch Research Reveals the 3 to 1 Ration That Will Change Your Life - Barbara Fredrickson. Research on how positivity works and skills to help you increase it.
- Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers: An Updated Guide to Stress, Stress-Related Diseases and Coping - Robert Sapolski. Interesting research on stress, it's manifestations and how to reduce.
- Going to Pieces without Falling Apart: A Buddhist Perspective on Wholeness - Mark Epstein. A Buddhist psychologist's perspective on suffering and acceptance.
- Man's Search for Meaning - Viktor Frankl. This author was a neurologist, psychiatrist and holocaust survivor. His experience in the holocaust lead him to identify meaning as a significant indicator of survival and happiness.
- The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children - Ross Greene. This book uses case studies to identify ways that parents can make simple changes to shape their children's behavior gently.
- A Life of One's Own - Marion Milner (aka Joanna Field). Marion Milner undertook an experiment in the 1930's to identify, explore and document the little things in life that make her happy. This book is the journal in which she did this work and shared the positive outcomes she experienced.
- DBTselfhelp.com - This site provides information on DBT and ways to use it on your own, whether you've participated in the program or are untrained.
- Servicenet.org - Servicenet is a community clinic serving the pioneer valley with individual, family and group psychotherapy, psychiatry, adult and adolescent DBT, etc.
- BreneBrown.com - Brene Brown is a researcher, author and professor studying vulnerability, courage, worthiness and shame. She advocates acceptance of these human conditions to develop strength.
- PositivityRatio.com - This website is the compliment to the book Positivity, by Barbara Fredrickson. It features a self-survey to measure positivity so that you can see a change over time with the use of skills.
- AuthenticHappiness.org - This is the webpage of Martin Seligman, founder of the positive psychology movement. It includes posts about new positive psychology research and many self-surveys to identify strengths and strengthen happiness.
- DrHallowell.com - Edward Hallowell specializes in ADD/ADHD and the tendency we all have to feel like we have ADD or ADHD due to the business of our lives. His webpage features helpful information on treatment, links to his many books and apps.
i-Qi meditation timer - this app helps you time your mediitations. The free version provides a timer and a number of sounds to identify that the alloted time is up. The paid version includes ways to see how many people all around the world are meditating at the same time as you and to track your meditation hours
Visulax Quick Break this free app provides a guided progressive relaxation to calm down and reset your stress level in 15 minutes
SleepStream2 This app features no obviously looped or frustratingly toned nature sounds, but mostly white and pink noise as well as water features. Also, there are meditation and nap timers as well as binaural sounds for sleep, meditation, learning and energy.
Like me on Facebook for frequent updates about neuropsychology, physical health, emotional wellbeing, stress management, positivity and more right on your newsfeed.